Search This Blog

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Thoughts to Make Up For Not Posting Last Night

I suck.  I know.  I'm working on it.

--------------

Prom






There's been a lot of things in the past week that have reminded me of Prom 2010.  Walking into the same basements where we planned, the friend's house we went to afterward to change for After Prom.  I wanted to upload a picture of all of us in our finery, but then I realized I don't have any on my computer.  Instead, the photo above is from the beach on Fire Island where we spent the day after.  It wasn't conventional - no huge parties, no drinking - just staying up late, watching movies, eating, laughing, talking, walking on the beach in the moonlight.  Then ultimate frisbee on the beach the day after, some swimming, some tanning.  My date taught me how to play chess that day.

Yeah.  I think about it a lot.

--------------

Never Let Me Go


What is love?  What is life?  A lot of questions, some startling answers.

--------------

Tom






This is our first summer apart in a long time.  I'm writing him a letter tomorrow, hoping to give him a smile at boot camp.

--------------

Kismet & Gilgo






My siblings in fur.  My loves ♥

--------------

Swim Lessons






I love my job.  And my kids.

--------------

Babies






In the wise words of Natasha Bedingfield, "I wanna have your babies."  Well, mystery reader, maybe not specifically yours.  And maybe not now.  But, someday.

I usually connect pretty well with children and both of my summer jobs really revolve around interacting with kids.  Babies don't seem to take to me so easily, but it's probably just because 1) I've only ever held one or two babies in my life; and 2) I'm worried I'll break someone else's baby if I do something wrong.  I'm sure if and when I have my own, someday, I'll get better at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment