Search This Blog

Friday, June 24, 2011

Thoughts on Washington Weather, The Force, and Me Ranking Pixar Films

Washington, Seattle more specifically, is known for it's rain. Cause we do get a lot, but not record amounts. Sure, it does rain for about nine months of the year, but I've grown up here, so it's something I'm used to.

This year though, is certainly interesting. Normally in June, the weather starts to lighten up, look less dreary and stay more consistent in being in the 70s. The rest of the country is well into their summer weather, perhaps Washington missed the memo?

Literally we'll have two days of nice weather with roughly the other four or five of the week being cloudy, rainy, or a mix of all three in the same day. Bipolar? Very. It's like we're going to be perpetually in this Fall/Spring weather of rain and nothing but. A sunny Fourth of July and Seafair? Probably not, judging by how the past month has gone.

I get the feeling we'll be reaching our summer weather right around August when everyone else is getting ready for school and to enjoy the Autumn colors.

Seattle reminds me a lot of Berk, from How to Train Your Dragon.

"It snows nine months out of the year, and hails the other three." - Hiccup

-----------------

I've always wondered if The Force exists and if some people are more tapped into it than others.

Although people loathe The Phantom Menace, I think a part of how they explained The Force made it a tad easier to understand. Or perhaps that's just me. But over the years, I've had a lot of experience in preventing accidents that could have happened.

For example, today, I was heading home after snagging dinner. I pulled into the proper lane to head straight. Glancing at the lady next to me, I drummed my fingers on my steering wheel and waited patiently. That light usually takes a long time, so I figured I could hear an entire song before I saw any chance of green. Finally though, it turned green. But something gnawing at the back of my mind told me to slow down. Thankfully I listened, or else I would have run into the lady next to me - who obviously had no idea she was in the wrong lane to go straight - go figure people don't read the directional signs.

But that's happened on multiple occasions where I've just had the instinct to not do something - or do something - and it's prevented an accident.

Maybe it's just my intuition, or perhaps I'm in touch with The Force, but either way, I don't doubt it this foresight.

-----------------

 As a continuation of last night, I figure I could jot down how I rank the Pixar films. Just for kicks mostly. Cause honestly, they've been a major part of my childhood, so they're important to this whole memoir.

1. Toy Story 3
2. Wall-e
3. The Incredibles
4. Finding Nemo
5. UP
6. Toy Story
7. Monsters Inc
8. Ratitouille
9. Toy Story 2
10. A Bug's Life
11. Cars
12. Cars 2

More to come on at least about my top five.

No comments:

Post a Comment