Search This Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Thoughts on Laziness, Locks, & Vacation

I'm just tired.  It's been a long week.  I went on vacation.  I did too much.  I slept too little.

I haven't done anything since I got home Friday night.

I'll stop making excuses eventually.

--------------



We found a chain link fence covered in keys on Front St. in downtown Wilmington.  Among the mismatched keys in all shapes, sizes, and colors, was this single padlock.  And I don't understand the significance of any of it.  Are you meant to try and unlock it?  Do you leave a key?  Take one?  I don't know.  But I felt like something bigger was going on at this innocuous wall.

--------------


I wish I could be back in North Carolina - no responsibilities, no stress, no worries, no job, no expectations.  Summertime, and the livin' is easy.  Nothing to do but head to the beach, kayak at sunset, scope out filming locations, and watch SyFy.  I have known true beauty, and is was Wilmington, NC.

No comments:

Post a Comment