Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

Thoughts on Interviews, Commercial Music, and Ocarina of Time

Interviews are stressful. I don't care who you are, there has to be at least some amount of nerves going into an interview that could lead to a better paying job.

It's even tougher when that interview.... is right before lunch and will last an hour. I've never been so anxious before.

Today's interview could lead to plenty of others; that and its really nerve-wracking to not know what will happen from here. :/

---------------


Strangely, a lot of the music I've purchased recently has been things I've hard from commercials. And that actually leads to whole ton of songs to write to.

Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap is a song from a Diet Coke commercial. Yeah, I don't drink Diet Coke, but it's a cool song.

Go Do by Jonsi is from a Ford commercial. Really great song that has a folk feel to it.

Ali in the Jungle by The Hours was from a Nike commercial. Very cool framing.

Stole My Heart by Little & Ashley (both of their songs actually) were featured in Kindle commercials.

They're all fantastic songs that I wouldn't have otherwise heard had I not been much of a television watcher. Plus they have great meaning and are super to write to. Time to scope out more commercials.

---------------

When I purchase video games, I really have to be in love with the game to purchase it more than once. Super Mario Bros. 3, originally for the NES, is a game I've purchased multiple times on my Wii via Virtual Console, and a few times on cartridge for my DS and GameBoy Advanced.

And then, there's Ocarina of Time. One of the few Legend of Zelda games I've completed, there's something about playing the remake on my 3DS that just keeps me smiling. Perhaps it's the new gyroscope features, or the sharp graphics and faster frame rate.

Either way, I can't complain and am completely ecstatic to once again complete this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment