Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Thoughts on The Muppets, Skype, and Location Option?

Seriously, who doesn't love The Muppets? I could sit and watch them sing Bohemian Rhapsody forever because it's still funny. But then again, the television show was fantastic - even if I didn't grow up with seeing it. They've got memorable characters, jokes and the writing never got dull. Normally a show takes a turn for the worse and somehow, it gets stale. However these puppets just continued to entertain in a time where you'd think puppets wouldn't be that funny. Or even draw a crowd.

All of the Jim Henson characters are treated like any celebrity would be. Kermit has co-hosted several shows - including the late nights and presented an award at the Emmys. They've created a legacy that could never be ruined.

Statler and Waldorf are hilarious, even if they're just making fun of other puppets. Check out the Muppets Channel on Youtube to see them joke about other Muppet's uploads and laugh at plenty of Beaker.

So it's no wonder I'm super excited for the new Muppets film coming in November. Everyone is back, and that makes me truly happy.

Bork, Bork Bork!

------------------------
Somehow, Skype and I don't get along. I'm not sure why. Some nights, my camera decides it'll stop responding when I plug it in, and others, I'm not quite sure.. Either way, it makes keeping in touch with friends difficult. I'm pretty sure Skype hates me, even though all I want is a simple conversation with friends that live at a distance.

------------------------

Okay, this is currently replacing the other topic I was going to talk about... But I noticed today that there is an option to add my location to my posts.

I can't imagine anyone would really want to know. I've mentioned Seattle, so I assume people can figure I live somewhere in Washington, and relatively close to the major city. So why add that tidbit of trivia to my posts if I can just "show" you via descriptions of my childhood rather then tell you straight to your face?

It seems pointless, and obviously of no use to me; but that's probably because I don't use that feature on Twitter or Facebook. I'm a pretty private person who would prefer to keep my location hidden to ease my own moments of paranoia.

No comments:

Post a Comment