Search This Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Thoughts on Harry Potter, The Coffee Wars, and Tron Light-Car

It's crazy to think that the Harry Potter phenomenon is finally coming to an end. Or at least, movie wise, it's coming to an end. The books have long since been over, but they still have many hearts and minds of readers captured and immersed in the world of witchcraft and wizardry.

I came in late to the entire bandwagon. By the time I started reading the books, the first two movies were already out. Once I had caught up, I blew through the series in no time, and quickly joined in with millions of others who were obsessed with the series. Midnight book releases, movie showings, everything I could attend that was HP related, I was there for.

I still remember the anticipation of waiting for Order of the Phoenix to come out, and chilling at Border's with my friend, Lolo. We were flirting with this hot guy, David, who was in line behind us. And let's just say, he's still always in my mind. Cause honestly, nothing is hotter than a guy that loves a book series as much as you do that he's willing to be at a midnight book release.

It's memories like that, in which I'll always remember how great growing up with the series was. Recently I rewatched The Sorcerer's Stone, and I couldn't stop smiling. I was certainly teary-eyed seeing how young Emma Watson, Rupert Grint and Daniel Radcliff were. Their cheeks still with a bit of babyfat, and certainly unaware of just how famous they were going to become.

Seriously, look at those adorable faces!

Harry Potter has been a really large part of my childhood and is certainly something I won't forget about in the years to come. This movie will be so bittersweet, seeing it with Lolo at the midnight showing at our local theater. Crazy to think all of this is happening so fast.

-----------------
I truly have no allegiance to any of the current competitors of the espresso world. 
Everyone would imagine that I had a favorite, living in the Seattle area where Starbucks was and is, a major influence, Tully's is a major competitor, and Seattle's Best is the third contender. 

But, I don't choose one over the other. In fact, I enjoy the taste of all three and have all three regularly in my life. Starbucks is fantastic for the drive-thru and getting a drink if I'm going on a road trip or need a pick-me-up in the morning. Tully's has the best atmosphere for writing during WriMo, or really any time of year. Seattle's Best is something I drink regularly at work - when I'm actually drinking coffee. And then of course, there's the other companies, like Peet's (sampled them while in Houston's Airport), and the smaller, local roaster's. 

It also helps that I really love the smell of coffee. 

-----------------

Who wouldn't want to drive that car?!
 
I would love to drive that car. Not only is The Grid fascinating, but so are the vehicles. And the Tron Light-Car takes the cake in completely awesome. You can't go wrong with how fantastic it looks.
 
Not to mention, the driver. I'd love to be sitting next to Quorra as we escaped from Rinzler and racing off-road. Nothing wrong with a woman played by the hot, Olivia Wilde. Plus, it's a car based off of a Formula-1 racer. 
 
I wish The Grid were real.

No comments:

Post a Comment