Search This Blog

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Thoughts on Wood Fired Pizza, The X-Men, and Actors

I tend to take a lot of photos of the fantastic looking food I'm about to eat.

That was a delicious pizza. Made at the farmer's market here in town, held every Saturday.  And it was made in a wood-fired oven. Delicious doesn't even cover how fantastic that pizza tasted. 

Hand-made dough, fresh cut veggies and homemade sauce; it was full of perfection. That was the veggie pizza, however there was also cheese, pepperoni and meat lovers. But there's something about veggies on a pizza that make it look like a work of art. Maybe it's the color, or perhaps that it has basically every vegetable I love; I just couldn't resist snapping this photo before I nommed it in under five minutes. So amazing I wanted another right after the first.

What made it taste even better, was the fact it was baked in a wood-fired oven. That still is super cool to me that they bring in their own oven every Saturday. Portable EPIC oven FTW. 

I can't wait for next week!

---------------------------
It would be really fantastic to have super powers or gifts. Most particularly in the world of X-Men. Unlike Superman, Iron Man, and the other super heroes of Marvel, I don't see the X-Men as superheroes.

They're ordinary people trying to live in a world that doesn't want them. So they created their own sanctuary at the Xavier Institute. It's where they can call home, and be among others that know what they're going through. But the great thing about X-Men is the fact that if you take away their gifts, it's the story of people learning to fit in and accept not only themselves, but others around them for being individuals. Powers just enhances the uniqueness of each person. 

If I had to live in any Marvel universe, X-Men would most certainly be the one. I have no idea what my power would be, but I'd want to attend Professor X's school - especially if James McAvoy were Professor X - and battle not only The Brotherhood, but also help others understand that we're all people, even if some people are "mutants" and have gifts way beyond the norm.

I think our world learn a few things away from the X-Men movies and just accept anyone and everyone that is different. People are still people.

---------------------------

There are too many actors that I love and follow their career.Whether they're on television or a recent film, I plan to see it.

James McAvoy just got added to my list. He joins the ranks of Matt Damon, Nicholas Hoult, Skander Keynes, Freddie Highmore, Nathan Fillion, NPH and Alan Tudyk. My movie list is huge with all these guys. If I list the fantastic ladies, it's even longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment