Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Thoughts on My Signature, Pen Names, and An Old Hat

My signature varies a lot. Some days it depends on if I'm feeling up for signing all the letters in my name. And for those of you that haven't checked my Twitter or know me on Facebook, I'll just say that my full name - first, middle, last - is 21 letters long.It's not fun to sign at all; nor is it easy.

Yeah, that might make me easy to remember, but that's not how I want to be known.

So I practice two signatures. Besides the one I use to sign checks, paperwork at the warehouse, or whatever I might need to sign, I also work on a second signature. And it's fun to sign a name that isn't yours. No, I don't mean forging a signature, that's terrible and wrong. But by signing what I will when I'm famous.

-------------------
Like I said earlier, I don't plan on using my name on the front of a book. Yeah, it's not easy to do when I have a pretty huge online presence.

But using Dominic Knight as a pen name is a better plan than trying to replace my last name with something else. My first name is surprisingly a German Boy's name, so I'm not sure if I'd be confused often, or if people would realise I'm a girl. So I might as well beat them to the punch and hide myself behind a moniker that so many know me by.

-------------------

My first day in my old department wasn't bad. Certainly it was hitting the ground running and putting on an old hat. I'd worked there for over a year, so it was pretty easy to pick back up.

They've made some changes, so it was interesting to learn where everything was kept and what to do in comparison to Handheld.

But everyone was friendly and welcomed me back. It was nice. I'll still miss everyone in Handheld. They'd become good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment