Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Thoughts on Exchange Students, Sleep Deprivation, and Mischief Managed

Our exchange students arrived Thursday night. They're pretty adorable. Hopefully I'll get some pictures of all of us soon, and then I can show all the readers.

Anyway, it's been interesting having them with us. Wendy and Rose are pretty quiet, and spend time hanging with us or in their room when not at school. We've mostly been watching Pixar movies, or anything in our collection that they recognise and want to watch.

Last night we were at a barbeque/potluck with them and their classmates. Some of the girls jumped when a chicken randomly wandered onto the deck. It was happy to be fed, and just chilled on the deck by the table watching everyone. The kids had fun exploring the house/property we did the potluck at. We didn't get a chance to roast marshmallows, but perhaps another night.

--------------------

I don't think I've ever been so tired at work. Came home from Deathly Hallows at 3, talked with my mom until 3:30. and then fell asleep. Woke up a few times before 6:00 AM and got ready for work.

My boss treated us to teriyaki for lunch, so we got a really great lunch. But immediately after lunch we went into a meeting. And it was a long meeting reading lots of things. I felt so bad cause I was practically falling asleep. Good thing we immediately finished up our meeting and I walked around our department to wake myself up.

Either way, it was a long day.

---------------------

Deathly Hallows Part 2 was everything I expected - and didn't want like that terrible epilogue. But it was so great to finally see the conclusion.

Hanging out with Lolo and being able to finish up the series with her was fantastic. We had fun meeting people in line, and chatting it up. I can't believe how much fun it is to talk about the series with complete strangers.

The movie was fantastic. All the music was absolutely stunning. I need to pick up the soundtrack to both Part 1 and Part 2.

Now time to purchase the whole series once it comes out in an epic boxed set with all sorts of extra footage.

Mischief Managed.

No comments:

Post a Comment