Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Thoughts on Affection, Justice, and Writer's Block

I always feel really weird about affection.

I'm not someone that acts a particular way to entice guys, or be a girl that knows what she's got and how to use it. Honestly, I'm just being myself.


I'm basically my own Mary-Sue. I don't see myself as attractive, popular, or anything you would associate with a person who has all the guys fawning after her. Granted, I don't have guys fawning after me, I do know that much. Cause honestly, I'd probably have some amount of a love life if that were the case.

But it's weird knowing which people at work want in my pants. I try to ignore that fact, since well, to some of these people I'm a step up from them on the work hierarchy.

And looking at myself, I'm probably a pretty very naive person. That's probably due to the fact that I just assume a lot of people are genuinely friendly. I work on being  polite and respectful to everyone, hoping to make someone's day better by being at least a small glitter of hope in humanity. Of course then I figure everyone else is the same way. Because honestly, the world would be even a tiny bit better if we all worked on treating others as we want to be treated.


I swear my life is written around the golden rule.


That however is a crazy utopian idea that would probably cause the world to implode if everything went perfectly. We don't live in a land of unicorns where everyone eats rainbows and poops butterflies.

So all this weird affection I've been hearing from a few of my coworkers about other coworkers and supervisors is very strange. Plus, it doesn't help that whenever someone says something pointedly at me, I just laugh - yay automatic nervous response...?


----------------------

Recently, there's been a lot of issues with the Justice system. I'm surprised the country hasn't broken into a giant riot over how crazy some of these rulings have been.

Between Casey Anthony and Troy Davis, there's been a lot of cases that the general public has disagreed with. It makes me wonder if our forefathers are rolling in their graves because they see that the justice system has failed so many.

----------------------

I haven't written anything in a while... I'm only slightly concerned. Because I'm pretty sure this happens every year around this time.

It's almost a month until WriMo, which means I'm plotting for that and striving towards getting the "need to remember" information on paper before I plunge once more into literary abandon.

So I suppose not writing a random short story happens. Maybe in previous years I didn't notice because I was so focused on November, NaNoWriMo and all that both entail. But even still, I'd like to be able to update my writing blog more than once a month. I want to have new content that draws in readers, subscribers, and perhaps people that would provide constructive criticism. Complete strangers giving feedback and helping me as a writer is awesome!

But of course none of that can happen if I'm stuck in Writer's Limbo waiting for a lightning bolt of a short story to strike me with even a brief amount of inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment