Search This Blog

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Thoughts on College, Crushes, and Drinking

I've been saying for the past few years that I'd go to college. Or that I'd get back to school and start at least working towards a degree. But every year, nothing would happen. And I do regret not getting involved in the whole application process for college in high school. Then again, it makes sense why I didn't.

College was never a high priority to my mom. She, to this day, thinks that a person should be able to learn a trade via an apprenticeship like she did. I've tried time and again to explain that things don't work like they did for her.

So after three years of working and struggling with what I wanted to do, it's finally time to take the plunge. Yeah, I'm late on this, but I have the drive and the perseverance to get me through to the end.
I've been stuck in a rut here at home for so long, that it's been driving me crazy. And it took a talk with my boss to get me to finally decide that I needed to get back to school by next fall. He told me earlier this week that they're cutting down on costs by not hiring as many people. Although we'll be getting busier by the first quarter of next year, I'm not up for the thought that I could get laid off and have a tough time finding work again. So with that prospect in mind, I decided that I need  to get to school and actually have a life.

Giving advice on this blog about living and experiencing life also made me rethink what I was doing with my life. Because I should take my own advice if I realise I'm not following it.

So, my goal is to be moving into Emerson College in Fall 2012. I expect you all to keep me to that.

--------------------

I was at a barbeque Saturday night. It was with some old coworkers and some new people I met at the party.

But what made this get together special was the crush I have at work is the one that asked if I was able to go. He had asked me last month if I could go to the last one, but I couldn't since I had our exchange students. So the instant he asked, I accepted.

It was a fun amount of long drives with "J" and "D." Although I have a major crush on "J." We drove all over to get to our destination. It was fun hanging out with them, and of course just being able to hang with people.

Best of all... I got a hug at the end of the night. ^_^

I'm so giddy, I can barely contain myself. *esplodes*

-------------------

I've never quite understood why people like to drink. Perhaps it's that they want to forget, or get loose, or just feel a buzz. But I've never quite been a fan.

Yeah, I'll take a shot here or there after Ultimate Frisbee. But regular drinking is definitely out. So at the aforementioned barbeque, there were quite a few people drinking.

One of the things they had was a watermelon spodie. Basically, you take a watermelon, cut it open, scoop out the insides, seal it back together, and pour in a bunch of alcohol. Let it marinade for 24 hours, and you have yourself a rather crazy drink. It smells as terrible as it sounds. Or maybe, to me it did.

My rule with consumables is that if it doesn't smell good, I probably won't be having any.

And yes, that last sentence was worded carefully to make it not sound inappropriate.

Happy Labor Day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment