Search This Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Thoughts on Workshops, One Day, and Moving Furniture

It's tough to find free writing workshops. Cause honestly, half the ones I've looked at are between $200 - $500.

Writers already don't have a lot of spare change - our days of plotting previous to any publishing are not exactly times in which one makes large sums of money.
------------------------

I spent the  better part of my Saturday lounged in our yard reading One Day, the book that has most recently been turned into a movie starring Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess. And let me just say, it's quite the book.

So I won't spoil anything, it's about Emma and Dexter; two college friends and their relationship over the course of twenty years.

I picked it up from Borders while checking out their going-out-of-business sales.

All I'll say is: READ IT.

I have never been more inspired to write and to keep writing to chase my dreams and accomplish them. I want to persevere and succeed like no other.

---------------------

There's a wall in my house that I want to paint with IdeaPaint. It'd be perfect for plotting and work better than my sticky notes in our stairwell.

All I have to do is move one desk out of the way, and move the desktop computer to the other side of the room. Simple enough. I've gone over it in my head, and it should work without any problems. Our modem and wireless router are already on the other side of the room anyway. So it shouldn't take me long to do it....

Except to empty the massive oak desk and get rid of it. Then figure out where to put the items that are in, around and on that desk. Granted, I love this desk dearly; a gift from my grandparents when I was in junior high school. But it now just collects items on it; a mess of junk, and memorabilia that needs to be sorted.

Then I will finally have my wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment