Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thoughts on November's End, Anxious Days, Drink of the Holidays

When NaNoWriMo is over, I get really sad. I get so used to writing endlessly on my laptop, that when December rolls around, I have no idea what to do with myself when I sit at my laptop. It just feels so weird to think that this happens.

Sure, I start planning for next year - especially since it's a Post-Apocalypse novel - but I do that in notebooks and with some research. I don't sit and actually put a whole lot of physical words on the page.

So, now,  here I am sitting with a few other members from my write-in, back at our coffee shop. We're mostly writing, or working on other projects. But we're getting together for the community of writers and the comradery of hanging out with fellow writers. I'm really glad this is continuing. It's a fantastic way to break up the week and just spend time relaxing somewhere in an environment that isn't my home.

---------------


All of my application stuff is turned in. I'm so anxious to get things in the mail. This is getting ridiculous. -___-

---------------

For most of NaNoWriMo, when I sat at Tully's, I'd get a specific drink. Normally I just get plain ol' hot chocolate. Nothing special and basically what I can make at home, only with chocolate sauce and steamed milk. But this year I started to get adventurous - at least for me.

So my drink of choice became a Grande Peppermint Hot Chocolate with Whip Cream and Peppermint sprinkles. BEST. IDEA. EVER.

Not to mention, it's weird that now I'm more interested in drinking peppermint and don't mind the taste so much. It used to be that it really bothered me because it was so strong. But now, I'm happy to have it included. I basically look forward to it.

Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment