Search This Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thoughts on Disappointment, and Youtube Song!

I really get tired of being rejected. It seems to be a major, reoccurring theme in my life.Yes, it's a terrible idea for me to be a writer if I don't like being rejected, but I file that under a different type of rejection.

But every time I try to better myself, my life, or my career, things never seem to go my way.

I don't know whether or not I'm just "doing" life wrong, or that I don't have any luck or good karma on my side, but obviously, someone karmically doesn't like me. I feel like I must have angered someone somewhere to make it so that nothing ever goes right.



And it's tough to look at rejection and try to move forward. Especially from something I so desperately want. All I've ever wanted was to have a normal life. A life where I didn't always have to work so hard and still get no where or at least have a bit of luck; enough luck and good things my way that I didn't doubt myself. At some point everyone at least gets a few good moments or things they can be proud of that keep them going.

But I'm running out of steam. It's hard to always have to pull myself up by my bootstraps and keep moving forward like I didn't just take a blow to my self-esteem. You'd figure that everyone would just suffer through these issues in middle and high school where we could all be miserable together. But no. Instead I support others and now feel somewhat on a cliffs edge now that I'm 21 and going through a lot of self-doubt. Now I'm starting to get tired of getting back on the horse and trying again.

Yes, everyone suffers some amount of disappointment, but it's just frustrating to have to go through so much of it all at once and never catch a break. /rant

--------------------

I've been playing a lot of Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword recently. Besides it coming out a few weeks ago, it's one of the first Zelda games that has legitimately kept me playing. I hear a lot of complaints from a few people about it, but for some reason, there is something so magical about this franchise. And the soundtrack came with a lot of great songs from the series.

But I magically stumbled upon this on Youtube. I played percussion instruments in middle school and high school, and our dream was to always do something similar to this. Marimbas rock.


No comments:

Post a Comment