Search This Blog

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thoughts on Anxious Waiting, Essays, and November

Sorry for my serious lack of posts. I'm trying, but lately I've been super anxious.

Perhaps it's that the deadlines are approaching for all the applications. Basically everything is due November 1st. And I'm just frantically checking the Emerson application portal to make sure all that needs to be submitted is there. I'm ridiculous.
 --------------

One of the applications I'm submitting, is for Emerson's Honors Program. So with that, I need to write an essay. And that makes me nervous. I love writing essays. I always have. They're thrilling to write and think about and plan. But I can't figure out why I'm struggling with choosing the right subject for this particular essay. Yes, I have a prompt. However it's so open-ended that I want to choose the right subject under that umbrella that it expresses what I need to express.

---------------

November is approaching, and I'm preparing for NaNoWriMo. This will be my 5th  year, and it should be another great year. I'm going to try and participate in more write-ins, and just hang out with fellow writers.

It's true. The community of Seattle and just WriMo in general is amazing. I can't think of anything else I'd rather spend my November doing - Thanksgiving turkey aside.

So my goal this year is to once again reach/surpass 50,000 and write an ending for my story. In years past, I've written well past the average goal, but a lot of those stories weren't finished. I would just stop writing after getting to a basic stopping point, or where I had written myself into a corner and wasn't sure where to go. Hence the aforementioned goal.

Plus, the Seattle region rocks at WriMo. The goal is to make this be year 5 in which we pawn the entire world in both overall word-count, donations, and in individual word count. We've creamed cities that have challenged us, and entire countries.

Bring on November.

No comments:

Post a Comment